Benefits of 3M™ Switchable Film
- Switches from opaque to transparent, and vice versa, with the click of a button
- Go from clear to frosted glass in a second
- Integrates with most modern lighting systems (e.g. Lutron) for ease of control
- Installs on almost any type of glass, interior or exterior
- Can be used as a projection screen when turned to frost
- Provides UV protection and energy savings
Privacy on Demand
Switchable window film, also known as switch film and smart film, allows occupants to enjoy the benefits of privacy alongside those of clear glass. This PLDC-powered film works by pulling particles back and forth, allowing for the same pane of glass to transition from clear to frosted, and back again, with the click of a button.
Switch film is ideal for commercial applications, especially office buildings, where the film is a popular choice for conference rooms, partitions, and reception areas. Tenants and employees can enjoy the modern, open-office feel that clear glass provides without sacrificing privacy when desired. Say goodbye to the fishbowl effect.
The Layr team helped an iconic NYC hotel create on-demand privacy using Avery Vela Switch Film.
Frequently Asked Questions About Window Film
How does switchable film work?
How do I turn switchable film on and off?
Enjoy the Versatility of Switchable Window Film.
Request a Free Quote.
Speak to a Window Film Expert Today 212-500-4000 or Fill Out the Form