What to Expect With Layr’s Consultation Process
Once a potential customer has expressed an interest in Layr, their next logical question moves to “how much does Layr cost?” The short answer is that it depends on the size and type of your windows, and the specific pain point that we are solving. 200 square foot residential windows are going to price differently than 2,000 square foot commercial windows. Dark, reflective solar films cost less than micro-layered security films, and in turn, less than the patented 3M prestige films that perform while leaving your windows aesthetics virtually unchanged. We sell a small handful of 3M films, but have had requests for everything from radio frequency-blocking, to switchable and decorative film for privacy. Here is an illustrative example of how we approach specific jobs for clients:
|Need||Energy / Security||Energy||Federal-Grade Security|
|Type of film||3M Ultra Prestige 70||Night Vision 25||Ultra S600|
|Size||200 square feet||5,000 square feet||2,000 square feet|
|Key Considerations||Window size and type, attachment system, sales taxes||Tenant coordination||Window size and type, attachment system|
|Video Example||Layr – Stronger, Safer, Greener||Learn how the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame drove energy efficiency||See how Layr and 3M help prevent and deter break-ins, and worse active shooters|
To give you an accurate price and film recommendation, we need to learn about your needs, measure and inspect the windows, educate you on Layr and 3M and our products, and then finally, recommend window film. For this reason, we require the setting of a complimentary in-home consultation. We read the news, have personal lives and also realize that having a stranger visit you can be, well, awkward. Below we’ll walk through our in-home consultation process: what to expect, what you’ll never get from us, what you’ll recieve. Ready – let’s go!!!
Once you request a free quote, a team member will reach out to learn about your needs and set an appointment based on your schedule. We ask for all decision-makers to be present because we offer different technical products based on your needs, and specifics can get lost in translation.
Here are some of the basics that you will get with Layr’s appointment process:
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation and calendar invitation. We will confirm one day before the meeting, and you will know exactly who you are meeting with and at what time. You’ll even see pictures of our smiling faces 😊
- Your rep will arrive five minutes early. We realize how valuable your time is, and so, if there is an unforeseen issue with traffic, we promise to call in advance
- Your rep has been satisfactorily background-screened and carries the utmost professionalism
- Your rep will hand you a card and offer to remove his shoes. We know how hard it is to keep a clean house
- Your rep will get exact measurements so that you’ll receive the sharpest possible price. As they say, the devil is in the details
- Your rep will give an in-home product demo on how Layr works. Seeing is believing. You’ll have a better understanding of how glass doors and windows work, and how solar energy impacts a home’s climate, comfort and aesthetics
- Once you and your rep have agreed on what we are trying to solve for – glare, fade, heat control, climate control, security, privacy – we’ll present you with an exact written quotation
All-in this process should take about 45 minutes.
We’ll walk through your options in terms of buying Layr or working with one of our top-notch financing partners. We can Layr your home for about the price of dinner each month. If you want to move forward, great – and if not, that’s fine, and we’ll point you in the right direction! We’ll follow up by e-mail answering relevant questions and putting that same quote in electronic format.
Regardless of your decision, rest assured that Layr is licensed, commercially insured and Better Business Bureau-accredited. We are a 3M Prestige Window Film Dealer. You won’t find a home improvement specialist in better-standing. We’ll only recommend products that make sense. We also know when NOT to recommend a product. If your windows are in bad shape, there is no sense using Layr. We have your long-term interests in mind and have referrals to back it up.
Additionally, we promise you won’t get any of the below:
- Unlicensed contractors working out of their truck
- High-pressure sales tactics
- Below-par quality materials (beware of people claiming 3M but installing others)
- A tail-light warranty
- Confusing or misleading contracts or warranties
- Poor-quality installation
We take this seriously and appreciate your consideration, time and hard-earned money. We have serviced warranties in the past, and god forbid something happens to Layr, know that 3M will stand behind it.
Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ready to learn more? Click the banner below and we’ll be in touch!